Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Funny Coincidence on Oprah


I was watching Oprah just before I wrote this. (haha yes, Oprah! If you must know I was then watching Ellen after that...) Oprah was featuring David Murdock (David Murdock is the owner of Dole fruit company) and what he was doing to stay healthy. David ate only vegetables and fruit for every meal. Crazy!! Well he has a part of a fish for lunch but thats about it. He even makes vegetable and fruit smoothies!!! He puts peppers, mangoes, broccoli, celery, blueberries, and all sorts of fruits and vegetables in them. When it comes out it looks like mud but supposedley it tastes better than it looks! He says that he hasn't had the cold or flu for twenty years! (I could go for that!! hehe)

Anyway, to the funny part. David took Oprah shopping at......Costco. How cool is that? Two billionaires shopping at Costco. So David was stocking his cart with veggies and fruits and veggies. Oh? Did I say veggies twice? I meant to say it three times.

Anyway, so they were going to pay and David says he forgot his wallet. It happened that Oprah didn't have a wallet either. So in the end the producer had to pay for the cart load of veggies and fruits! (If you don't know what David Murdock looks like, I have added a picture. I chose this one due to the way it makes him look mysterious....)

2 comments:

jackc50 said...

i wonder if forgetting their wallets contributed to their wealth......heehee, take care and enjoy your spring, jack

deedee said...

haha interesting coincidence....