Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Torch was Amazing!








I definitely can't stress this enough! Carrying the Olympic Torch was amazing! In my opinion however, it went way too fast! According to my fans (my family and friends :P) I pretty much sprinted my three blocks. I will forever regret that! Don't get me wrong, the time I had running with the torch was breathtaking.
It was so hilarious because when all 20 of the torchbearers for Swift Current were on the shuttle (to take us to our starting points) this 13 year old boy named Nick was so worried that a sniper was going to be there! It made everyone laugh! When we stopped for awhile I noticed there were some people outside the shuttle. They had signs that read "Anti Olympics". I was so mad at them I was going to flip them over the couch! (Haha metaphorically speaking of course!) They didn't make me lose my spirit though!
When I got off the shuttle I got emotional. It was so amazing I cried. My fans were there all wanting their picture with me and the torch! I felt like a VIP. No scratch that, a celebrity. The torchbearer before me lit me torch (the kiss of the flame) and I ran! A media truck was ahead of me snapping pictures and taking video. I can get that all for free later on the web! Woop!
A family came up to me after at the celebration afterward. They all wanted me to take a picture with them. So I let them. Then they asked, "Is that the real torch?!" And I said yup. Well that got them all bug eyed. They wanted to hold it! I was kinda unsure so I gave my dad a heads up just in case they tried running off with it! That thing was worth $400! But it was a once in a lifetime chance and all so yeah.
Overall I think I had one of the best times of my young little life! :)
(I'm also pretty sure that counted as my fifteen minutes of fame.)

No comments: